The Offner ironwork tradition can be traced back to the Middle Ages and was mentioned in documents for the first time around 1600.
Since 1755 the company has been in possession of the Offner family and has been handed down from father to son since then. Today, the plant is run by Johann Offner, the eight generation of the Offner family. Originally the forge and ironworks produced steel, later nails and wire, scythes since 1870. Today a wide range of long-handle tools and snow-removal equipment is produced, whose quality is recognized worldwide. The company is even world market leader in fork production.